This role is different from a traditional, enterprise product manager/product owner/project manager. This role lies at the intersection of business, UX and technical teams. Understanding the company’s business needs, crafting those business needs into viable UX decisions, and working with the tech team to implement those business needs.
As a startup, the work environment would be dynamic and the product we are building would likely change several times during each Sprint iteration. Keeping track of business needs, user feedback and adapting quickly is the key to success in this role.
What you will get to do:
- Understand the company’s vision and help craft a roadmap to success.
- Drafting UX ideas into a mock prototype (ex., using Balsamiq, Invision).
- Gathering requirements (from business team and through user feedback).
- Working with the technical team to get these requirements implemented quickly.
- Publishing the product on various platforms like Producthunt, Kickstarter etc., to raise awareness about the product and to gather user feedback.
- Translating user feedback into requirements for the technical team and executing those requirements.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills – The candidate needs to interact with the business, customers and manage the technical teams.
- Excellent UX skills – Candidate must know how to build an intuitive, easy-to-use, modern-looking, user-focused app. (you are expected to know the difference between a clunky, old-style app vs a modern/pleasing app).
- Quick Prototyping and Presentation Skills – The candidate should be able to explain his ideas clearly to the developers. For this, the candidate should be able to use tools such as Balsamiq to create prototypes and be able to present those to business and technical teams.
- Outgoing – The candidate should treat the product as his baby and strive towards the success of the product. The success of the product would depend not only on how it’s built but also on how many customers use it. This would in turn mean that the candidate should make an effort to publicize the product on various social platforms (like Producthunt, Twitter etc).
- Result Oriented: The candidate should gather feedback from customers and adapt quickly. In some cases, it might mean that the product needs to change directions.
Skills and Education:
- B.E., B.Tech or other comparable graduations
- 5 + Years of experience in relevant areas
- Master or MBA is preferred.
- Past experience at a SaaS startup preferred
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com